Prior to iOS 11, iPhone users could save an app they wanted from the App Store to a wish list. Since that's no longer an option, you'll need to keep track of the apps you want manually.
The App Store might no longer have a wish list feature, but fortunately, you can use one of the following apps to make your App Store wish list.
Creating a wish list note in the Notes app is a great alternative for a missing App Store wish list. You can sync this note across your devices and easily access the Notes app from the App Store. Once you're done creating a note in the Notes app for your wish list, follow these steps:
- Visit the App Store page of the app you want to add to your wish list.
- Tap the Share button, then select Notes from the list of apps.
- Tap New Note, then select your wish list note.
- Tap Save.
That's all there is to it. Make sure you save all the apps you need to the same wish list so they're all in the same place.
Reminders is another decent option for creating an App Store wish list. You can optionally use it to set a reminder to get an app at a specific time, which is a bonus.
To create a wish list using Reminders, do the following:
- Open Reminders, tap Lists at the top, and then Add List at the bottom.
- Now, give a name for the Reminders list—preferably "App Store wish list" or something similar.
- Head to the App Store page of the app you want to add and tap the Share button.
- Select Reminders from the app list. If you can't find it, tap More on the extreme right.
- Tap Details, then tap List, and select the Reminders list you created.
- Lastly, tap Add.
You can assign a priority tag to your reminder to be sure you get your most wanted or needed app first. You can also schedule a reminder for when to get an app, which will be useful when gifting an app for someone's birthday.
3. Dedicated Album in Photos
If you don't want the hassle of saving app links, you can create a dedicated album in Photos for your wish list, where you store screenshots of the apps you need from the App Store. Once you take all the screenshots, all you need to do is move them to the album you created.
Make Your Own App Store Wish List
It has been years since Apple removed the wish list feature from the App Store, and many of us wonder if the company will ever bring back the feature, especially since we've expressed how much we want it to happen. But for now, we have no choice but to continue using alternative options like the ones discussed above.